Goat Cheese as an Alternative Dairy Option

Untitled design-54

Do you love cheese, but avoid dairy products?

 
Goat cheese is a healthy alternative; even those who are lactose-intolerant can often enjoy it. Due to it’s popularity, goat cheese is now available in a variety of flavors, from sharp, aged cheddar to mild, soft gouda, brie and even tangy blue. Sprinkle it, melt it or slice it into omelettes and sandwiches!
 
Cow milk was designed by Mother Nature to grow a calf into a 1,500 pound animal, versus a goat’s adult weight of 125 pounds. Before I learned I had a milk allergy, the level of inflammation in my body made me feel as if I was indeed part-cow; I wanted to take a pin and pop myself. Diary is a frequent source of digestive issues and pounds that will not budge. However, goat milk products are friendlier to the gut, and support blood sugar balance and weight loss.
 
Goat cheese is packed with probiotics, valuable minerals such as calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc, and high in antioxidants. It can reduce the level of “bad” LDL cholesterol and increase the “good” HDL cholesterol in our body, because of the low level of saturated fats.Goat yogurt is excellent for those who long for a creamy, high-protein breakfast or snack; it’s scrumptious with fresh berries.
 
Revolutionary Beauty medical expert, Dr. Leigh Connealy Leigh Erin Connealy, recommends goat cheese over plant-based cheeses, due to the processing and artificial flavors these products require. Highly processed foods — even plant-based — lead to inflammation and hormone imbalance. Of course, if you’re sensitive to goat cheese, and lusting for a cheese alternative, enjoy them occasionally for a treat!
 
Another of our Revolutionary Beauties, fitness guru Elaine LaLanne, uses the “80/20 rule,” whereby she consumes clean food 80% of the time and the other 20%, she indulges in her favorite treat or desert. We love her sensibility. After all, life is for living!!
 
Are you a fan of goat’s milk products? Tell us your favorites in the comments! — Julia Loggins
 
#dairy #lactosefree #goatsmilk #digestion #dairyfree #healthyliving #patriciabragg #julialoggins
Julia Loggins

Julia Loggins

Julia Loggins, Digestive Health Expert & Certified Colon Therapist, began the study of holistic health by saving her own life after a childhood of life-threatening illness. Ms. Loggins has led a private practice in Santa Barbara, CA for over 35 years with a focus on detoxification and regenerative nutrition. Julia is the co-author of Unimaginable Life, which she wrote with her former husband, Kenny Loggins. She followed with Dare to Detoxify! and It Takes Guts To Be Happy! A 21-Day Cleansing Plan to Heal Your Belly & Recharge Your Life. She is dedicated to the message of health, happiness and the revolutionary leap of changing the culture of beauty. Julia lives by the ocean in Santa Barbara with her husband, Paul Turner.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.